We have enjoyed our farm (67.34 acres; selling in two tracts) since 1995, but our children have grown, and it is time to sell. The sale will be Internet-Only auction. SELLERS: Mark and Patricia Hillis.
Bidding ends Tuesday, November 5th at 10 AM.
OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, October 19th from 9 AM to 10:30 AM.
Tract 1: This 2,297 sq. ft. tri-level ranch sits on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River with views to the southwest. The tract (22.96 acres) enjoys 700’ of River frontage. The land is mostly mowed grass and tall grass, with a little stand of timber alongside the stream bed to the south and has a D-pole barn with a 4192 sq. ft. concrete floor. The home is a 3BR, 2 baths upper and ½ bath lower ranch style with attached garage, served by well water, septic system, Illinois Electric Co-Op, and underground propane tank. The A/C unit, furnace, and hot water heater are new within the past year. The kitchen was remodeled in 2019. Pear trees and walnut trees dot the land, and the large side yard is perfect for family games.
Tract 2: This tract of land (44.38 acres) is comprised of a mixture of CRP prairie grass and native forbs (18+ acres; $1750 per year expiring in September of 2020) with the balance being timber (and a small orchard of pear trees at the corner). A stream bed meanders along the north side of the tract.
For more information call or text Phil Brown at (314) 753-7444 or Jason Wallingford at (314) 882-6971.
Auction Terms & Conditions:
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Tuesday, November 5, 2019, at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Wednesday, November 6, 2019 (hand-delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a Special Warranty deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: 2019 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the sellers.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.