Positively Sells to the Highest Bidder! Opening bid $28,000.00
Bidding ends Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 10AM
Mississippi River Island 476 in Calhoun County, IL located north of the Mozier Landing and directly east of the Clarence Cannon National Wildlife Refuge (CCNWR) will be selling to the highest bidder with an opening bid of $28k. The island is approximately 27 acres and has mature woods throughout. There is a 4± acre duck hole with annuals millet and smartweed that the owner floods for waterfowl hunting. The location is ideal as the CCNWR covers 3,750 acres of Mississippi River floodplain. It was established to provide a feeding and resting area for migratory birds, and it is not uncommon for the refuge to be holding 100k+ at a time during the peak of hunting season. Seeing birds will not be a problem.
The closest boat ramps appear to be the Mozier Landing (1.2 miles) on the Illinois side and the Hamburg access (3 miles) on the Missouri side. Whether you are a waterfowl enthusiast, or a deer hunter be sure to give Island 476 a look. These river islands are normally overlooked due to the access but often loaded with wildlife because of it.
Real estate taxes – $108.00
For more information call or text Jason Wallingford at (314) 882-6971
iAuction Terms & Conditions
1. PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All bids placed are by the Lump Sum.
2. BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, February 11, 2021 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
4. DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
5. CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, March 11, 2021.
6. POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
7. TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
8. SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
9. REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2019 and 2020 Real Estate taxes will be paid by the Seller. 2021 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Buyer.
10. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.