As the family has grown and spread out over the years we have decided to sell the 153+/- acres that have been in our family since the 1930’s at online-only auction.
Seller: Walter M. Downs Trust
Auctioneers Note: This is a chance of a lifetime to own a great highly productive row crop farm that has been in the same line of ownership since the 1930’s. This truly is a Chance of a Lifetime!
Bidding ends Wednesday, October 17th at 10 AM.
153+/- acres offered in 3 tracts located just north of Pana on highway 29. Farm Service Agency figures 145.79 of highly productive cropland.
Tract 1 – 67+/- acres of highly productive cropland consisting mostly of Herrick and Oconee silt loams and Virden silty clay. The farm has access from the south via E. 450 North Road and from the north on County Road 500N. Crop Productivity Index 127.2 with weighted average on Corn 173.1 and 55 on Soybeans.
Tract 2 – 79+/- acres of highly productive cropland consisting mostly of Herrick and Harrison silt loams and Virden silty clay. The farm has access from the west via Hwy 29 the south via E. 450 North Road and from the north on County Road 500N. Crop Productivity Index 126.8 with weighted average on Corn 172.4 and 54.5 on Soybeans.
Tract 3 – 7+/- acres of highly productive cropland consisting mostly of Herrick silt loam and Virden silty clay. The farm has access from the west via N 2200 East Road and the south via E. 450 North Road. Crop Productivity Index 132.9 with weighted average on Corn 180.3 and 57.9 on Soybeans.
Call or text Scott Athmer (618) 830-6192 or Jason Wallingford (314) 882-6971 for more information.
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, October 17, 2018, at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All bids placed are by the acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, October 18, 2018 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title. Sales price will be adjusted based upon surveyed acres.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: 2018 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Seller.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.