Open House Saturday, January 15th 9 AM to 11 AM.
Bidding ends Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
Easily accessible property just outside of Gorham, IL. Property is a mix of tillable, timber, and ponds and is being divided into 5 tracts ranging from 14± to 70± acres. All of the tracts have good access and are located approximately 20 miles from Carbondale, IL, 40 miles from Cape Girardeau, MO, and 90 miles from St. Louis, MO.
Tract 1 – 15± acres. All tillable tract comprised of Darwin silty clay loam and Gorham silty clay loam soils with a Productivity index average of 119. Easily accessible off of White Lane (900’± of road frontage).
Tract 2 – 48± acres. 16 ponds ranging from 0.75 to 3± acres in size with 3± acres of timber. Two metal buildings that are 75’x45’ and 100’x30’ in size. Water levels can be controlled at each pond and it would be possible to drain some (or all) of the ponds and return it to highly productive cropland. Nearly a ½ mile of road frontage along Gorham Road and White Lane.
Tract 3 – 42± acres. Tillable portion of the tract (8± acres) is comprised of Darwin silty clay loam and Gorham silty clay loam soils with a Productivity index average of 117. Remaining portion (34± acres) consists of mature bottomland hardwoods. With some management, this would make and excellent hunting tract that would attract deer and turkey from the nearby Shawnee National Forest.
Tract 4 – 70± acres. Over 10± acres of tillable (Booker silty clay and Darwin silty clay with a Productivity index average of 103. 19 ponds ranging from 1 to 2.25± acres in size. Water levels can be controlled at each pond and it would be possible to drain some (or all) of the ponds and return it to highly productive cropland. Nearly a ¼ mile of road frontage along Nuenert Road.
Tract 5 – 14± acres. Mix of timber and five ponds on this small tract. Ponds range from 0.5 to 1.25± acres in size. Property also has a 450 ft± cabin with a 400 ft2 covered porch. Cabin needs some work, but it does have utilities (water and electric), and would be a great base camp for waterfowl or deer hunting. The tract is less than 0.75 of a mile from the Shawnee National Forest for more hunting opportunities.
For more information call or text Eric Holzmueller (618) 713-0034.
iAuction Terms and Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes on each tract. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, January 27, 2022 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- BIDDING: Once submitted, a bid cannot be retracted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, March 3, 2022.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2020 and 2021 Real Estate taxes will be paid by the Seller. The 2022 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Buyer(s).
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.