The farm has been in the family for more than 30 years providing income, hunting and recreational value for all of us. We simply cannot use it as much as we would like and now it is time for others to enjoy and make their own memories. Sellers: Brian & Jeris Newcomer
Inspection day Saturday, July 24th 9AM – 11AM.
Bidding ends Tuesday, August 10, 2021, at 10:00 AM.
These well-maintained 235± flat to gently rolling acres are conveniently located 7 miles northeast of Canton, KS, 1 hour from both Wichita and Emporia, and 2.5 hours from Kansas City. There is a large amount of Walnut, Oak & Cottonwood trees throughout the property giving it beautiful shady areas for both wildlife and livestock. The Farm Service Agency figures 228.73 acres of farmland with 115.09 acres of CRP paying $53.54 per acre through September 30, 2023. There are also 50± acres in hay production bringing in an average of $3,100 per year. The Seller is retaining all the 2021 farm income and will be paying all the 2021 real estate taxes. There is a nice pond on the east side of the property that would be great for a small fishing hole as well and there are several natural funnels for deer movement throughout the entire property both day and night. There is a large amount of wildlife on the property. Every time I have been there, I have jumped multiple deer and turkey as well as the occasional quail. From the aerial photos, you will see a large amount of thickly wooded fingers rolling through the entire property. This has allowed the wildlife to not only stroll through the property but also make it home while they hunker down out of the elements. There are several build sites that would be ideal for that weekend property or even a place to park ATVs to ride on the weekend. The property has electricity, gas & water on-site.
For more information call or text Sam Voss at (913) 526-9369 or Jason Wallingford (314) 882-6971.
Tract 1: 75± acres with approximately 50 acres in hay production with the balance in wooded draws. Also on this tract is a nice metal building currently rented for storage and a deep well. The deep well has a lease with the neighbor for $50 per month. This lease can be canceled upon the buyer’s request. This land can be accessed from both the south via 250th street and from the west via 30th Avenue.
Tract 2: 40± acres with approximately 30 acres of CRP and the balance in woods. This land is accessed from the west via 30th Avenue.
Tract 3: 40± acre with approximately 30 acres of CRP and the balance in woods. This land is accessed from the west via 30th Avenue and from the north via 260th street.
Tract 4: 80± acres with approximately 55 acres of CRP and the balance in woods and water. This land is accessed from the north via 260th street.
iAuction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Tuesday, August 10, 2021, at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes on each tract. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Wednesday, August 11, 2021 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, September 30, 2021.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a Special Warranty deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: 2021 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Sellers.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.