Open house Saturday, June 4th, 9 AM to Noon.
PRIME RIVERFRONT HUNTING PROPERTY WITH INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITIES! This hunting retreat is nestled along a 1.2 mile stretch of the Middle Fork Salt River, conveniently located at the end of a dead-end county road with all the promises of privacy and seclusion. Located just 1.5 miles from the heart of Paris, MO this property offers quick access to local eateries, groceries as well as river access. Mark Twain Lake offers great fishing and hunting only minutes away, with quick access to many of the boat ramps in less than 20 minutes.
Offered in three tracts, these 223 ± acres have been managed to offer some of the best hunting around. The property is a true sportsman’s dream with 50.3 acres of CRP, a large, wooded tract of managed mixed-hardwoods, acres of native plantings, a regulated wetland pool, and a fishing pond. This property also offers 7 tower blinds, a waterfowl pit blind, an extensive trail system, and potential annual food plot locations that offer a turnkey hunting experience. You will have ample opportunity to pursue mature deer, turkey, quail, waterfowl and more!
This beautiful property offers a significant number of improvements including a cozy & furnished 4bd/2ba cabin, 2 large outbuildings for equipment storage, a 4bd/2ba mobile home, and a cabin in progress. It also has unique accommodations for an upland game bird hunting preserve with a heated dog kennel building with 11 inside/outside runs and two framed flight pens ready for netting.
This is a property with so many possibilities! Whether you are looking for a permanent residence, the perfect hunting getaway, or an upland hunting paradise, this is it!
For more information call or text Courtney Nicks (573) 694-5316.
Tract 1 – 115± acres
This tract is incredibly diverse, offering a huge slate of improvements coupled with income and tons of wildlife. This parcel has 26.32 acres of CRP generating $4,168 annually and is complete with a 0.8 mile stretch of river frontage! Managed with timber stand improvements and native plantings, these acres have even more to offer. At the most westerly end of the property lies a secluded waterfowl impoundment with a water level control board system. The impoundment sits near the river’s edge and allows for water to be pumped in from the river any time of the year (pump not included). Often surrounded by ducks, a 4-man concrete pit with a half roof sits in the middle of the pool creating a private duck hunting oasis that can’t be beat. In addition, three enclosed tower stands enhance the deer hunting experience on this tract, covering some of the best travel corridors on the property. But wait, the opportunities don’t stop there! Take your hunting experience to the next level, with upland bird hunting. The property here served as a shooting preserve for many years and is not only equipped with a great kennel onsite but there are frames in place for a 50ft x 150ft flight pen and a 25ft x 150ft flight pen that with just a few updates will house quail or pheasants. This is a unique addition you won’t just find anywhere.
Surrounding the many improvements (listed below) an orchard of apple, pear, peach, and plum trees; blueberry bushes and blackberry vines produce a welcoming amount of soft mast. Within minutes of the cabin, have fun fishing a five-year-old stocked 2-acre pond where you are sure to catch trophy bass, bluegill, red ear and hybrid sunfish.
Let’s not forget about all of those improvements! Here listed, are some of the great accommodations you won’t want to miss.
Move In Ready Improvements:
- 1500 sqft cabin sits on a concrete slab and showcases 4bd/2ba, kitchen, and open concept living/dining with vaulted area for displaying trophies. An overhang porch is perfect for grilling and observing the river and wildlife. The cabin is truly turnkey with a refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, beds, breakfast table, pub table, sofa, loveseat and chair. DSL internet and phone line is in close proximity and could be easily hooked up.
- A 1993 4bd/2ba mobile home is move in ready with electric, county water and DSL internet. This is great additional living space with a kitchen and family room.
- 40 x 60 metal building with a horse stall in the back is perfect for equipment and holding livestock. This building has electric and water is available at an outside spicket.
- 30 x 50 Metal building is perfect for equipment storage with electric and water is available at an outside spicket.
- 1500 sqft building sits on a concrete slab, this unfinished cabin could be finished for additional living space or used as is, for additional dry storage.
- 12 x 40 insulated and heated kennel building with 11 inside and outside runs on concrete. Water is available at outside spicket. Designed to handle up to large breed dogs like labs and bird dogs. Property was previously a licensed shooting preserve.
Tract 2 – 35± acres
This 35 ± acre tract offers great income while providing great opportunities for many outdoor experiences. In addition to the 23.98 enrolled acres of CRP generating an annual income of $4,571, the tract showcases beautiful mature river bottom trees along a 0.4 mile stretch of river frontage. A UTV trail runs through this tract allowing for great access to the river bottom where you will see all types of wildlife, including wood ducks and a pair of eagles that nest on the property each year. For those looking for a great hunting location, an enclosed tower stand looks over the CRP field offering the perfect vantage point to observe mature bucks as they move across the lowlands. The great habitat created by the native grass and wildflower planting and timber stand improvement on these acres further enhances the cover and forage for deer, turkey and quail. Don’t miss out on the chance to fish the river, search for morels, and/or hunt desired game on this small but very productive tract.
Tract 3 – 73± acres
This 73 ± acre tract, rests adjacent to the middle fork salt river bottomlands and neighboring crop field. It consists of beautiful mixed hardwoods producing invaluable hard and soft mast. This large block of timber has been managed with prescribed fire and timber stand improvements to create incredible habitat for those resident deer and turkeys. The enhanced cover and food availability, coupled with a wet weather creek that meanders through this tract, creates the perfect conditions to support an abundance of wildlife. To top it off, this tract is primed for the perfect hunting opportunities, complete with 3 enclosed tower stands and trail system to allow easy, scent free access to those special ambush points.
iAuction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes on each tract. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Friday, June 17, 2022 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- BIDDING: Once submitted, a bid cannot be retracted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, July 21, 2022.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2022 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Buyer(s).
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding. This property is subject to prior sale.