Open House Friday, August 27th 3 PM to 6 PM and Saturday, August 28th 9 AM to 11 AM.
Fannie’s Wildlife Preserve is a 417± acre tract owned by Skylight Land located in New Madrid county in Southeast Missouri. It was enrolled in the Wetland Reserve Program operated by the NRCS in 2006. Surrounded by fields of Rice, Soybeans and Corn, plus a labyrinth of old sloughs and natural wetlands, this professionally designed and developed wetland offers opportunity for waterfowl, whitetail deer, quail and other small game. No more waiting in the draw line to be turned away disappointed. Stop throwing your money away on an annual lease and maintain control of your season with a bona-fide hunting farm.
As part of the WRP program, this former operating farm was restored to its native contours. The Preserve was developed with over 37,000 indigenous and wildlife friendly trees planted, primarily Oak, Cypress and Pecan. Fannie’s is located in the heart of the Mississippi flyway, less than 4 miles from the Mississippi River. It is nestled in the middle of four major wildlife refuges, Ten Mile Pond, Reelfoot Lake, Otter Slough, and Duck Creek. This location attracts massive flocks of migrating waterfowl every year and provides habitat for a wide range of game species. Fannie’s is in the heart of thousands of acres of the finest bottomland along the Mississippi River consisting of flooded rice, corn, and soybean fields.
The Little River forms the western boundary of the Preserve which provides picturesque views, fishing and other water related activities as well as providing a constant water source for wildlife. There are 16 ft in ground steel waterfowl pits located in the tracts 1, 3 and 4 adjacent to pools seasonally flooded by wells and pumps located on the tracts. These are approved by existing Compatible Use Permits issued by the National Resource and Conservation Service. The NRCS has rules and regulations that restrict certain uses of all Wetland Reserves, but their goal is consistent with providing the best habitat for wildlife to thrive.
In addition to hunting and fishing, many other activities can be enjoyed including:
- Nature hiking and wildlife viewing.
- All-Terrain Vehicles and Dirt Bike riding
- Horseback Riding
Desirable wildlife species that thrive on the Preserve include:
- Dove: Large numbers exist in the area and frequent the Preserve. Food plots of sunflower and milo attract additional area birds to supplement the existing resident population
- Quail: Several coveys are known to exist on the property through sightings and calls. Covey numbers are growing each year in this perfect habitat.
- Geese-This area holds huge numbers of Snow and Speckled Belly Geese which constitute a nuisance on a national scale. In recent years, this area has developed a reputation as a destination for hunters seeking to kill in large numbers under the conservation order that provides a no limit season from the end of traditional waterfowl season to the end of April.
- Duck: This property attracts large numbers of wood ducks, mallards and teal periodically passing through. Continuing to plant corn, soybean, millet, and rice food plots in the pools to supplement existing natural vegetation should attract a more permanent residing population.
- Eagles: There are 2 nesting pair of Bald Eagles on the property along the Little River that have become permanent residents.
- Small game (rabbits, squirrel, raccoon): There are large numbers currently in residence.
- Turkey-While there have been a couple of spottings, there is no large population currently residing even though perfect habitat exists. There are large numbers in close proximity that should migrate onto the property. Food plots of clover and sunflower should also attract.
- Deer- There is a significant herd of bucks, does and fawns currently existing on the property. The owners installed trail cameras this past fall to capture images of the herd. It was not uncommon to see as many as 20 does and fawns in a single food plot and many mature bucks.
Tract 1: This tract which consists of 95± acres is situated on the southwest portion of the property. It is bounded on the west by the Little River. Its lengthy frontage on the river provides fishing and other water sports activities to supplement the other hunting and outdoor activities. There are 2 large water pools for seasonal flooding both with in place water control features to control the level of water. There is a well and pump on site. Just hook up a generator (not provided) and fill the pools to your desired level. The eastern pool features a 16-foot steel in ground pit permitted by a NRCS Compatible Use with other pit sites available.
The owners built a small, elevated one room cabin this tract to serve as a “proof of concept” model for living off the grid. The cabin is located on the Little River on the west side of the property outside the Preserve. Imagine the vivid sunsets captured on the west facing upper deck while you sip the beverage of your choice. Watch as the morning sun rises over your personally owned spread from the huge, elevated east facing steel framed deck.
The cabin features:
- Running water by means of an onsite pump and well
- A water filtration system
- Well and pump
- Electrical service to the cabin and deck by dual fuel generator
- Full Bath
- Water heater
- Kitchen w/ sink, refrigerator & cabinets
- A/C unit
- Propane heater
- Multiple Decks
- 360-degree deck wrapping around the cabin
- 450 sq. ft elevated deck with gazebo
- 250 sq. ft Screened in porch
Tract 2: This tract consists of 112± acres of deer hunting paradise. There are currently 5 metal enclosed deer stands (not included) on property that may be purchased reasonably from the current owners. This tract has the longest frontage on the Little River which forms its western boundary. Launch your boat for a morning of bow fishing or kick back and catch a fat catfish from the river bank. There are 2 pair of nesting bald eagles that have called this tract home for the past several years and are almost always available for viewing.
There is a designed water pool with installed water control structure in the northern reaches of this tract but no well or pump to provide water to this site which has been used mostly by the current owners as a deer hunting tract. A Compatible Use Permit has been obtained on all the other tracts and almost certainly one can be obtained for this tract.
There is a ½ acre site that was reserved from the WRP program right by the entrance to this tract to construct your own off the grid cabin of your design. Wake up in the morning and ease down to your stand to sip your coffee while waiting on that big buck to emerge from the woods to feast on the food plot you have laid out.
Tract 3: This 116± acre tract is situated in the middle of the farm. This tract is a diverse layout with a waterfowl pool and established stands of oak and other wildlife mast. There can be 6 acres of food plots planted on this tract for attracting wild game. This tract includes a steel in-ground waterfowl pit, water control structure, and a well with a turbine pump. This tract includes 3 acres not included in the WRP which provides an excellent cabin site with access to city utilities.
Tract 4: This 94± acre tract is located on the east side of the property. This property has 5 designated food plots for deer and also contains a diverse layout with the largest waterfowl pool on this farm and established stands of oak and other wildlife mast. Included on this property is a deer stand, a steel in-ground waterfowl pit, water control structure, and a well with pump. This tract includes 5 acres not included in the WRP which provides an excellent cabin site with access to city utilities.
For more information contact Jason Cleveland (636) 751-4579
iAuction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, September 9, 2021 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, October 14, 2021.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2021 Real Estate taxes to be prorated to the day of closing.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.