Gobbler’s Roost Farm is a diverse wildlife paradise comprised of 290 acres. Situated at the base of a wooded knoll, the property is a significantly large tract for the area and is just a short 1-hour drive from St. Louis Lambert International Airport. This “Montana” style Luxury Log Home was meticulously designed to emulate the grand lodges of yesteryear. Craftsmanship is evident throughout the home. Hand hewn logs and timber trusses are joined with European dovetail and wooden pegs. Corten roofing material, IPE walkways and cedar posts provide rustic charm while maintaining modern strength and durability. A three-story watchtower looks out over a 5-acre lake and into the distant hills and valleys.
Upon entering the home, you are greeted by a massive 28’ tall and 12’ wide western style fireplace constructed with genuine “Montana moss rock”. You will be taken back in time with antique heart of pine flooring, period matching light fixtures and pulley driven ceiling fans. Museum quality reproduction antique cabinets were designed and provided by the Workshops of David T. Smith. A reproduction Victorian style 18th century bar serves as a focal point for entertaining friends and guests. Over 7,500 sq. ft. of living space boasting 6 bedrooms, 5 full baths and 4 fireplaces will accommodate large gatherings. The master bedroom features its own fireplace, custom soapstone vanities and a Hansgrohe rain-dance shower system. An adjacent but separate mother-in-law or caretaker’s quarters includes a kitchen, 2 bedrooms, fireplace and living quarters. Large outdoor covered porch offering another fireplace and cooking center is perfect for a breath-taking view of the wildlife, lake, and land. The second floor features a large open area available for conference tables, meeting space or just extra room to relax and unwind.
But the real star of the show on this property are the views. This estate is nestled on Highway H just east of Eolia, MO along one of the most scenic drives and sought out locations in this part of Pike County. The seller spared no effort to create a naturalist’s paradise. Over 25 species of wildflowers and 4 species of native grasses are intermingled with wooded draws and ridge tops. Large timbered ridges of mature oaks and hickory are supplemented by groves of persimmon, wild cherry, wild plum, and numerous other native food sources. A shale bottomed creek and 2 ponds provide year-round water. It is no accident that wildlife abounds and is readily viewable from every room in the house: Deer and turkey feed nightly in the fields below the house, eagles and other raptors soar in the currents, while ducks and geese circle over the lake.
For the outdoorsman, this is THE PREMIERE Hunting and Fishing property in Pike County. Located in a powerhouse neighborhood of like-minded landowners who manage for Big Bucks, this place is proven to have a dense deer population, several flocks of wild turkey, a resurgent quail population, a 5-acre stocked lake with largemouth and a 1.5-acre pond stocked with smallmouth will provide plenty of year-round action! Check out the trail photos. Existing food-plots in place along with approximate 30 acres in crop production and 68 acres enrolled in CRP. See attached document for CRP info.
Plenty of entertaining for the non-hunters as well, from swimming and fossil hunting in the clear water creek to picking Morel mushrooms and wild blackberries, to hiking on the cut trails and pathways or gardening in the raised vegetable and flower beds that surround the house. This property provides an experience of complete tranquility, while being highly accessible and secure. Paved highway from St. Louis to entrance of property and a gated concrete bridge provides security and year-round access. Gobbler’s Roost is one of the Best Pike County Estates to ever be offered on the public market.
See additional property photos of flora & fauna in our online album that can be found HERE
For more information, please call or text Joe Ogden at (636) 358-3567
Listing agent required to be present at all showings. Shown only by appointment to qualified buyers.
- Luxury Log Home on 290± acres, 1 hour from St. Louis
- 40×60 Morton building with concrete floor and overhead doors to house machinery and shop
- 2 extra storage sheds
- Approximately 7,500 sf of living space, 6 Beds / 5 bath
- TREMENDOUS VIEWS of the Pike County Knobs
- Nestled along paved Hwy H east of Eolia, MO
- Will accommodate large gatherings
- 14” hand hewn log construction
- Geothermal heating & cooling
- 4 wood-burning fireplaces
- Massive 28’ tall and 12’ wide western style fireplace
- Custom David T. Smith kitchen cabinetry
- Master Bed features its own fireplace and soapstone vanities
- Separate living quarters with kitchen, 2 bed, 1 bath, fireplace, living room and full unfinished basement
- Large outdoor covered porch with fireplace and cooking center
- Second level offers a large open area available for conference tables or meeting space
- Over 25 species of wildflowers and 4 species of native grasses
- Shale bottomed year-round creek
- Gated concrete bridge provides security and year-round access
- Premiere Hunting and Fishing
- Powerhouse neighborhood known for BIG BUCKS
- Several flocks of Turkey and a resurgent quail population
- 5 acre stocked lake with Largemouth Bass
- 5 acre stocked pond with Smallmouth Bass
- 21 acres CRP @ $122.00 per acre or $7,346.00 annual until 2027
- 90 acres CRP @ 111.00 per acre or $866.00 annual until 2035
- 50 acres in current row crop and hay production
- 5± acres existing food-plots, plenty of space to add more
- Great cover on this farm! Tons of bedding and natural food for all wildlife
- Large timbered ridges of mature oaks and hickory
- Entertainment for non-hunter include swimming, fossil & morel mushroom hunting, hiking, or gardening in raised beds
- Paved Hwy from St. Louis to entrance of property
- Shown only by appointment to qualified buyers