Due to the passing of our mother, we have decided to sell our farm that’s been in our family for over 70 years at internet-only auction.
Sellers: Heirs of the Nettie Swetnam Trust
These 400+/- acres of flat to gently rolling acres are located north of Huntsville approximately 9 miles and just east of the Thomas Hill Reservoir. The Farm Service Agency figures 332 acres of cropland with 204 acres of that being in CRP paying $108.83 per acre for an annual payment of $22,288.00 per year through September 30, 2022. There are approximately 40+/- acres currently in row crop production with the balance in pasture, wooded draws, and ponds.
Tract 1: 19+/- acres flat to gently rolling pastureland, cattle tight fences, pole barn with dirt floor and pond located on highway C with gravel road access from the south and west.
Tract 2: 219+/- acres of flat to gently rolling land consisting of 154± acres of CRP paying $108.83 per acre through 9/30/2022, 34± acres of cropland with the balance in wooded draws and two ponds. The farm is accessed from the south off of county road 1165. The Buyer will receive all the 2020 CRP payment.
Tract 3: 81+/- acres of flat to gently rolling land consisting of 50± acres of CRP paying $108.83 per acre through 9/30/2022, 5± acres of cropland with the balance in wooded draws. There are a couple of small ponds on the farm and an older barn. The farm is accessed from the south off of county road 1165. The Buyer will receive all the 2020 CRP payment.
Tract 4: 81+/- acres of flat to gently rolling land consisting of pasture and wooded draws with cattle tight fence, couple farm ponds, and an older barn. The farm is accessed from the south off of county road 1190.
For more information call or text Jerry Crutchfield (660) 670-1249 or Dave Atkinson at (660)788-3333
Auction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All bids placed are by the Acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Friday, December 6, 2019 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: 2019 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the sellers. 2020 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Buyers.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.