This 144.24 surveyed acres is located 1 hour 15 minutes from St. Louis in St. Francois County at the end of a dead end road. The entire property is fenced and gated for complete privacy and ease of maneuvering the miles of trails cut throughout the 105 acres of timber and 30 acres of tillable without wandering off the farm.
Once inside the property, you will find a 2 bed/1 bath, 1,200 square foot home that has recently been renovated & includes a family room with some of the original homestead logs. There are also plans for expansion of the house if desired. Just off the deck of the house is a newly renovated Man cave party house with a full bath and a bedroom upstairs for guests. There are multiple wells and septic systems.
There are multiple outbuildings on the property including an original small; woodshed for storage as well as a new in 2016, 40×60 pole barn with concrete floor/ 14′ pull thru doors /a 10′ equipment door and multiple standard entry doors. Inside is a full bath, water, and electric. A must see and have to store and maintain all your equipment. There is a new 3.5-acre lake with a pavillion set up with a generator for electric.
Trailcam pictures show lots of deer, turkey, even a bobcat. This farm has had very little hunting pressure. The current owners bought the farm in 2014 and have only hunted there since 2017. The previous owners had it for 15 years and did not hunt.
There are multiple Native American artifacts and historical literature that will stay with the property. There is also an old Formastat mine from the early 1900’s that is capped but the old staging area is still mainly intact. This property is truly a gem waiting for its next owner.
For more information or to schedule a showing, contact Ken Dayley (314) 409-4568
- Private 144.24 surveyed acres
- Fenced and gated
- 2bed/1bath 1200 square house with historic family room and a new bathroom
- Very large Walk-in Safe Room
- Recently updated man cave, party barn with bedroom, full bath and storage
- 40X60 Pole barn with concrete floor/electric and water/full bath/14 foot pull thru doors plus additional 10 foot equipment door and entry doors.
- Outside covered storage
- Wood storage shed
- 35 acres of tillable,
- 105 acres of timber ground
- New 3.5 acre lake with pavilion
- Miles of wide trails cut throughout the farm
- Lots of wildlife (Deer, Turkeys)
- Very little hunting pressure
- Lots of Native American artifacts that were found on the property stay.
Former 1900’s capped Formastat mine & staging area