Open House Friday, May 13th 3PM to 6PM & Saturday, May 14th 9AM to 3PM.
Bidding ends Wednesday, May 18, 2022, at 10:00 AM
TURNKEY NORTHERN MISSOURI HUNTING OASIS! Managed for trophy whitetails, mature gobblers, waterfowl, quail and lunker bass. This unique sportsman’s paradise is located 11 miles northwest of Milan and offers infinite possibilities for the outdoor enthusiast. The cabin is a hidden gem of fine craftsmanship and offers phenomenal wildlife viewing opportunities, perfect for early mornings sipping coffee on the porch, listening to dabbling ducks, quail whistles, and turkey gobbles. A large outbuilding is just steps from the cabin, offering additional storage perfect for parking a tractor, UTV, or other equipment.
These 376± acres offered in 5 tracts have incredible diversity, including income producing acres coupled with intensely managed wildlife habitat. There is 90± acres tillable that are free and clear of any commitments and capable of producing 40 bushel/acre beans. There are 34.74 acres of CRP, the majority of which has been re-offered for an additional 10 years but can be altered by the buyer without penalty. The 68.9 acres of WRP includes 15.7 acres of wetland pools, two of which are regulated with water control structures. There has been 7± acres of food plots planted annually and two acres of permanent wildflower plots that increase nesting and brood rearing potential for quail and turkeys. Over 400 native trees were planted to provide valuable bank stabilization along the creek, along with valuable shelter and fruit production in the upland areas. There is no shortage of water available on these acres between West Locust Creek, 8 isolated ponds, and a 5± acre lake that holds giant bass, crappie, and bluegill.
There is a vast history of trophy deer on the property with unique genetics offering drop tines and split G2s. Check out the photos! Years of selective harvest has resulted in mature deer and opportunities to harvest 150 class whitetails or better each year. Tower blinds and tree stands are scattered throughout the property, offering great hunting access from day one. The winding draws mixed with crop, food plots, and overgrown acres offer great edge and makes this property hunt even larger than it is.
If you are looking for a property that offers amazing hunting opportunities, great income and amenities, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
See game/trail cam photos HERE
Call or text Courtney Nicks at (573) 694-5316.
Tract 1: This 34± acre tract is bordered by West Locust Creek to the west and includes a combination of 13± acres tillable, 1.5± acres food plot, and 15± acres WRP bordered by wooded draws. This area is comprised of a large, 5± acre regulated pool that welcomes a variety of waterfowl species to feast on smartweed and other native forages. The regulated pool offers additional waterfowl management opportunities where you may choose to disk and/or plant millets to then later flood. Surrounding timber offers seclusion to a large food plot in the bottom, where a tower blind has been placed for a turn-key hunting opportunity. There have been extensive wildlife habitat improvements on this tract including tree plantings (pawpaw, swamp white oak, apple, pear, and persimmon), wildflower plantings, and clover plots.
A perfectly situated 3bd/ 2ba cabin overlooks the tract. Full length windows face the west for picture perfect sunsets and a covered porch extends the length of the building overlooking the timbered draws, crop fields, and wetland pools for spectacular wildlife viewing opportunities. The cabin is ready for you to move in, with a full kitchen with electric appliances, attached single bay garage and bonus mudroom optimal for keeping your hunting clothes, boots, and equipment separate from the main living space. It is equipped with central air/heat offering comfort in any season. The cabin features a cistern with dual holding tanks, storing up to 2400 gallons of water at one time. The tract includes a spacious outbuilding, including full length doors at both ends and a concrete floor, perfect for storing a tractor, equipment, or to use as a workshop.
Tract 2: This 85± acre tract is bordered by West Locust Creek to the west and includes a small pond and combination of 30± acres tillable, 1.84± acres CRP, and 20± acres WRP. Two large veins of timbered draws cross through this tract serving as a great travel corridor for deer. The 7± acre regulated wetland pool sits in the shape of an oxbow and offers draw down opportunities for waterfowl management. Wildlife habitat improvements on this parcel include a wildflower planting, food plot and tree plantings (apple, persimmon, swamp white oak, and walnut).
Tract 3: This 81± acre tract is bordered by West Locust Creek to the west and includes a small pond and combination of 32± acres CRP and 16± acres WRP. A redneck tower blind sits at the junction of two linear food plots perfect for catching deer as they filter in and out of the bedding areas to feast in food plots and neighboring crop fields. This travel corridor through the bottomland timber has produced multiple deer over 150 inches the last 3 years. The CRP acres will expire September of 2022. These acres have been offered for re-enroll for another 10-year contract, however, the buyer will have the opportunity to choose whether to move forward with this offer or remove acres from the program without penalty.
Tract 4: This 55± acre tract falls on the east side of county road Country Drive and offers a concrete pad with electric to accommodate a camper or other overnight stay. In addition to a small pond, a large 5± acre lake serves as a fisherman’s dream. The perfect size lake to jump in the boat and consistently catch trophy bass. Watch out, they are known to snap a line or two. To date, the largest largemouth bass landed was 28 inches! That’s nearly reaching the state record. The best part is, all bass over 3 lbs. have been catch and release, so you will have the opportunity to see it for yourself! A timbered drainage connects to the lake with surrounding overgrown fields that serve as ideal bedding cover for deer and holds a covey of quail. A food plot lies at the transition of field to timber offering seclusion and the perfect hunting honey hole. Wildlife habitat improvements on this parcel include a food plot and tree planting (apple, persimmon, and swamp white oak). Fishing and hunting here are tremendous and offers memories you will talk about for years to come.
Tract 5: This 121± acre tract is bordered by West Locust Creek to the east and includes three ponds and combination of 38± acres tillable, and 18± acres WRP. Not only does this tract offer great income but wildlife is abundant. Woodcock, ducks, and quail are regularly observed near the ponds and whitetail use the overgrown areas to move through the property without detection. Small openings within the forested acres offer great seclusion for mature bucks. During the winter, flocks of 50 turkeys or more meander through the picked crop fields and roost along the creek. The abundance of turkeys extends into the spring turkey hunting season, where you are sure to find mature toms strutting along the ridge tops. To top it off, several tower blinds look over the large crop fields and WRP to catch deer crossing at several pinch points. Wildlife habitat improvements on this parcel include food plots, wildflower plantings, and tree plantings (apple, persimmon, swamp white oak, etc).
For more information, call or text Courtney Nicks (573) 694-5316 or Jason Wallingford (314) 882-6971
iAuction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes on each tract. All bids placed are by the Acre
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, May 19, 2022 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- BIDDING: Once submitted, a bid cannot be retracted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Thursday, June 23, 2022.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2022 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Buyer(s).
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding. This property is subject to prior sale.