PROPERTY VIEWING – May 19th & May 30th – 10am – 12pm
This nature camp offers a valuable opportunity for churches, schools, clubs, Youth-Community Groups, Foundations and benefactors to establish a “one of a kind” setting for the promotion of nature, education, team building, training within a unique retreat setting.
EXPLORE AND IMAGINE…………………………………..CAMP SUNNEN
We invite you to explore Camp Sunnen and imagine how your organization or foundations mission can be accelerated with the purchase of this 353 Acre nature retreat, located in Potosi, Missouri.
- A property which has served families and youth for generations creating a strong legacy of service
- A property comprised of robust wooded hillsides, attractive meadows and beautiful access to a 300+ acre recreational lake
- A mature habitat offering a real-world laboratory for studying woodlands, plants, native grasses, wildlife, fisheries and the wonders of creation
- How families, co-workers, congregations, student bodies, youth groups can get off the grid and nurture relationships in and with the outdoors
- A readymade nature retreat within a short drive of metro St. Louis, Rolla, Columbia, Jefferson City, Springfield or Cape Girardeau
- How you might improve lives, knowledge and the human spirit through the establishment of a nature center or retreat facility
- How your organization or foundation might cultivate a unique competitive advantage among your constituencies through a back to basics approach
- How your school or congregation might reignite a passion for ecology and the environment through nature-based programming
- How your family might make a visible difference in the lives of others through Camp Sunnen sharing programs
- Property is heavily wooded with sporadic meadows connected by established trails
- Shoreline ownership and direct access & use easement to 300+ acre lake Sunnen
- Modest property improvements include: ranger station/welcome station, camper-staff cabins and bunkhouses, service lodge, washstands and showers
For Additional Information, call Jason Wallingford (855) 573-5263 x2 or Steve Tharpe (314) 504-3085.
Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, June 27, 2018, at 5:00pm, with a soft close, meaning that a last-minute bid will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All BIDS placed are by the acre.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sale price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, June 28, 2018 (hand delivered, faxed or scanned and emailed).
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Bidding is not contingent upon financing. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 p.m., Thursday, October 25, 2018, or within ten (10) days of notice from Seller to Buyer that the YMCA has given notice of its intent not to exercise its Right of First Refusal.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any and subject to Buyer providing to Seller evidence of general liability insurance in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) per occurrence.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description sufficient to convey title. Sales price will be adjusted based on surveyed acres.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: Seller shall pay 2017 and all prior year real estate taxes if any. 2018 real estate taxes to be prorated to the day of closing.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- Right of First Refusal: The YMCA has a Right of First Refusal to purchase the said property on the same terms as a bona fide third party, within 90 days from the selection of a third party offeror or completion of the Auction bid deadline. If the YMCA exercises its’ Right of First Refusal then the High Bidder on auction day will receive a payment from the Seller in the amount of 5% of their high bid (not to exceed $15,000.00) upon the successful closing of the sale.
The information provided is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.